What is METRO Potentional programme?
WE invite you to a two year graduate programme that offers you the chance to shine.
YOU want to travel, to lead and to broaden your horizons?
WE offer you on-job training, international experience
YOU are passionate? – So are WE!
That is why YOU should join the international management trainee programme METRO Potentials!
The METRO Potentials management trainee programme is a two year programme designed for young professionals with asspirations to become business leaders. It is divided into 5 training blocks that are between three and six months long and take place either in the trainee's home country or abroad.
The programme fast-tracks ambitious master graduates and talented young professionals to a management career in international wholesale. The trainees benefit from 'on-the-job' training and 'off-the-job' learning modules such as 'knowledge & skills' and 'leadership behavior'.
During every training block you will take responsibility for one or more projects which will contribute to the development and progress of the business as well as yourself. Every trainee will be supported by a local mentor (country board member).
Our aim is to develop your knowledge and skills over the two years so that you are prepared to manage a team of your own.
• Recently graduated with a master’s degree from university, Business school or hotel management school
• A maximum of 2-3 years’ work experience
• Aged between 23 and 28 years
• International mobility
• Strong leadership potential
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Self-driven and ambitious
• Strong communication skills
“METRO Potentials program gives you an opportunity to learn cross-functionally and cross-culturally. ”Dominik Osmeričić - Metro Potentials program wave III
The application process is organized and managed by METRO Cash & Carry Croatia HR Department.
1. Preliminary selection process - involves screening applications, conducting local interviews and tests at local assessment centres.
2. Nomination of candidates for International Assessment Centre – the local country board makes the final nomination of candidates to go forward to the International Assessment Centre.
3. Successful participation in International Assessment Centre – The IAC takes place in August. The final selection of management trainees is made by a panel of MCC Group Directors and country board members. Only the best candidates will pass the Assessment Centre.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a cover letter in English via e-mail MCCHRREcruitment@metro-cc.hr or to METRO Cash & Carry d.o.o., Human Resources Department, Jankomir 31, 10090 Zagreb